Knight Composites consists of a small, diverse group of impassioned people driven by a singular purpose to provide the best Carbon Bicycle wheels. If you value meticulous craftsmanship coupled with cutting-edge technology, and a workplace where all people are treated equally, please contact us and express your interest.
- PURCHASING MANAGER:
Are you ready to combine your passion for cycling and an active lifestyle with a meaningful and fun career in the cycling industry? At Janus Cycle Group, our teammates are athletes and are encouraged to assume a variety of functions throughout the company. We value driven, hands on team members with a continual desire to try new things, and an eagerness to learn about all aspects of the business.
How You’ll Make a Difference
We are seeking an experienced purchasing manager to handle our various Brands’ procurement activities. The purchasing manager’s responsibilities include:
- Developing purchasing strategies, while maintaining positive relationships with customers and suppliers.
- Coordinating with internal teams regarding their supply needs and overseeing purchasing in the company’s daily activities.
- Maintaining the supplier database, purchase records, and related documentation.
- Maintaining inventory control and working with management team to determine and manage inventory needs.
- Ensuring that all procured items meet the required bike build quality standards and specifications.
- Preparing cost estimates and managing budgets.
- Working to improve purchasing systems and processes.
What You Need To Win
To be successful as a purchasing manager you should be able to manage and optimize purchasing activities and processes. An outstanding purchasing manager should have excellent leadership abilities and be able to negotiate the best possible deals with suppliers. In addition, the following requirements are preferred:
- College degree in Business or Marketing related field preferred
- 5+ years direct sales experience in in the bike industry
- Experience as a purchasing manager or in a similar position. (Cycling or related industries a plus)
- Be hands on and ready to assume various roles within the company at any time.
- Ability to adapt immediately
- Excellent communication skills including written/oral/presentation
- Self-motivated and highly organized, with the ability to work without close supervision
Tell Me More
- Based in Boulder, Co area
- Market competitive compensation based on experience
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls. We will accept only via e-mail.